12x36 lathe is back ordered now?

Matt says they are on the ship and 2-3 weeks out.
SO,
I guess that means 2-3 weeks then wait for customs, then unpack the container, then inspect and make them all ready for shipment...
Oh well, over that time I can start collecting tooling and such.

Hey if you guys want to track it, (Anyone with a 1236, 1022 or 1030 backorder, if you were told it was in stock and waiting those are in the warehouse, that wont be long, just talking about backorders, just sold out of the 1236 about a week or 2 ago) If you want to track the ship its on, it called the Xin Da Yang Shou (Strangest one yet haha) Container ship. If you search that name on Google you can usually find it and kind of track it. I just looked and it said Panama Canal next stop on Dec 8. Normally about 5-7 days after that it lands in New Jersey then a couple days by rail to us. Last update was by Korea somewhere, but that was 10 days ago. Doesnt always update on time, but you can kind of get an idea anyway, kind of neat to see where the ship is. So search "Xin Da Yang Shou"
Its hard to tell who you are by the forum names, so not sure exactly, but at least you can get an idea where its at.
The 1127s are about a week to 2 behind this, they took the factory FOREVER but they are finally on the way in now. I dont have the ship name just yet for that one, but will soon.

Normally customs only takes like 10 min to clear, but there have been times in the past where they held it for a long time, inspection, etc. But that hasnt happened in a long while, so should be good. I guess now that we get 5 to 10 containers per month, and have never once had an issue, now they know us. And we used to have containers ship through the west coast of Canada, then here by rail because it was an 18 to 20 day delivery from China to Pittsburgh. But then that was screwed up, Canada Govt liked to pull them for a Wood Packaging Inspection to make sure the wood is properly treated. It is. But it was a week Minimum delay (I had much longer than that at times too), an extra $1000 charge for the inspection, and ****** off customers. Talk about frustrating. But we have it all figured out now. So no worries, no delays other than a couple days here and there once they are on the ship.

Ive heard about the inventory and paying tax on it in some places, but thats a state thing I believe, that does not happen here in PA. Thankfully, or we would have problems! We have a ton of machines in stock, just not these particular lathes! Really if they charged us tax on our end of year inventory, we would not be doing business in this state.

Thanks for the update! I had no idea you could sort of track container ships like that.

Figures what I ordered is taking the longest. Lol... Owell. I knew that might happen when I ordered it. And because that's just how I do things. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. And it gives me a little extra time to work on my belt grinder and bench. :)

No pressure or anything...
So, if it hits New Jersey around Dec 15 and then a few more days to get to you.
How long after that to be on trucks to customers?
:)

Of the four machines I have had shipped to me via truck over the last 5-6 years or so, NONE has been delivered when the trucking company said it would be. Now to be honest, they were usually only off by a day or two. I do remember one that sat at the local warehouse for almost a week before someone even bothered to call me to schedule a delivery day. :rolleyes:

All of my deliveries required lift-gate to the curb, so that added delays as well.

Just for fun I found a map that shows the route that the Xin Da Yang Zhou will take to get to Panama
taken from:
http://www.marinetraffic.com

Xin Da Yang Zhou route.JPG

I ordered my PM1236 around the first of August when they were sold out state side I guess and got it in mid October.

Its a unique bargain, I didn't see anything else that compares directly to it. Now that I have it set up, I'm not regretting the wait. Customer service overall has been good. I went with the perfered package with the cast stand. Its been a pleasent experiance so far, mine had no damage, no big problems. The rear splash guard was a pain to get lined up on the right side, but they are easy to bend into submission. Ran fine right out of the crate though, even the alignment was okay. I love the foot brake, its quick and easy to set up and it works. :)

Our local county has a use tax, its collected by the same department that handles state and county property taxes. You have to assign a value to every piece of equipment and the materials in stock by January first. So we deplete raw materials and retail stock to a minimum for our business.

Even if the tax lady came over and audited us, she wouldn't know what we had or what it was worth by looking at it. She just comes by occasionanly to check the building outside, never looks inside. Honor system here I guess, or maybe filling out the paper work completely every year has helped us avoid an inspection. Most of our equipment is very old and rebuilt by us, so we just assign the purchase price to the value on the tax forms. I would hate to pay use taxes on new equipment though. Most of our stuff was bought cheaply in auction lots thankfully.

To reduce paperwork we run things down to bare bones when the use tax is calculated. Never been checked, but we try and make an accurate inventory of tools and materials on hand. Its good for insurance documentation too, if the place burns down we have a good idea on the value of it all!

Back