13 inch Leblond

boneyard51

Registered
Registered
I’m thinking about buying a 13 inch 1943 model Leblond lath thst is in pieces! It comes with some things I need but I really don’t need the lath. Are there any parts that could be sold off of this lath? Thanks in advance,

Bones

Sounds like you are looking for a labor of love, project, learning tool, time consuming and fun filled past time.
If it makes sense, go for it.
There, 2 cents worth of advice from a guy who has never run a Leblond

I have a 1980 LeBlond and I love it. I don't know enough about the old ones though.

Well, my though were are the parts desirable? I have a nice 12 inch Clausing 6307 and a 19 inch LeBlond, plus an Atlas lath. So I am “ lathed up” so to speak. But this lath comes with two chucks, one is a 4 jaw L0 that is missing from my Clausing. Plus two steady rests, tail stock , two tool post , tooling , 1 1/2 horsepower motor, and other things. I’m just wondering if I can sell the three jaw L0 Chuck and other parts of the lath, then scrap the main frame, or sell it?

Bones

Bones I know of a guy on another forum that is looking for an L0 chuck: I could hook you guys up if that's what you want.

Sure, there seems to be a lot of interest . It’s in good shape, what is it worth?

Bones

I don't know. Depends on size, brand,condition, if it is a master jaw system, etc.
Turns out his machine is a L1, not L0. My mistake.

Back