• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Some users may still have issues remaining logged into the forum. Please delete old bookmarks. If you are still having issues, go to the Site Issues forum here and let us know EXACTLY what you clicked on before the login issue arose, so we can try to track it down. We are working on this, and appreciate your patience. Thank you.

[4]

1340GT chambering barrel

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Sendit

Looking at getting 1340gt lathe to chamber barrels. I want to use high pressure coolant through the muzzle toward the breech. My concern is getting coolant back to the pump since the 1340gt doesn't have a coolant tank like the 1440gt

Does anyone run their lathe like this?

dlane

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Curious how your going to seal high pressure coolent in the muzzle end while turning

mksj

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
The 1340GT trey comes with a screen and a drain nipple in the back of the trey. You can purchase a low pressure coolant pump with tank for the machine as an option. This comes with a coolant switch which is missing on the stock machine. The high pressure through the barrel is a completely different type of system, there are some postings about what others have been butting together, they usually will use a HP hydraulic pump,

Sendit

Curious how your going to seal high pressure coolent in the muzzle end while turning
Not hard..tap the muzzle 1/8 npt. Use a rotary union. Gunsmiths have been doing it this way for many many years.
The 1340GT trey comes with a screen and a drain nipple in the back of the trey. You can purchase a low pressure coolant pump with tank for the machine as an option. This comes with a coolant switch which is missing on the stock machine. The high pressure through the barrel is a completely different type of system, there are some postings about what others have been butting together, they usually will use a HP hydraulic pump,
yes factory cooling is not going to work. Most use 0.5- 2 hp pump but depends on pressure they want to run. Some like 30 and others like close to 100.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/gunsmithing/chambering-presssure-flush-system-277752/

I physically haven't put my hands on a 1340gt, have a 1440gt though.

[6]
[5] [7]