14" Tool and Die Maker Lathe Feed Rod Engagement

Mississippi333

Registered
Registered
Good afternoon all. I was wondering if someone could explain how to engage the feed rod on Leblond Tool and Die Maker Lathe. I believe lever "G" engages the leadscrew per the manual but I can't find anything on the feed rod. I can provide pics if needed. Thank you in advance if someone can.

I had the 20" T&D Leblond years back . What a great lathe although I can't remember much about it . Pics would definately help .

I had the 20" T&D Leblond years back . What a great lathe although I can't remember much about it . Pics would definately help .
I will definitely get you some. I'm on break right now. The lathe belongs to my employer. It is a manufacturing facility that in years passed had tool and die makers, mold makers etc. For the last 25-30 years there hasn't been any machinist. None of it has been used hardly at all. I am going back in to get pics. Thank you

IMG_20210823_132234.jpg
The lever above the QCGB is letters "F" and "E" and the lower left hand lever is letters "A, B and C" for feeds. The lower left lever is a two position "THD and F'D". I gather that it selects between the leadscrew and feedrod but neither are turning right now. I messed up and got a blurry pic of the apron controls so I may have to wait until tomorrow if you gentlemen need that also. I apologize. I'm almost positive it's not there though. There is a lever below the spindle lever and to the right but the manual says it switches direction of the leadscrew. I have pulled it up and started the motor and nothing happens with the leadscrew. I read in a earlier manual online that that particular T and D Maker lather had a gear on the leadscrew beside the QCGB that is slid to the right to engage but this model doesn't have that. Once again thank you all for your time and knowledge. I will get a better pic of the apron tomorrow or tonight if I go back to town. If you would like any others I will be more than happy to provide. Just let me know what you need. Have a great evening.

Back