1440GT lockdown lever mods ?

Spotshooter

Registered
Registered
I’m getting ready do the friction plate mod that Mark has done, but can’t seem to find the details on what locking lever / screw you guys used for the saddle, and compound.

If you happen to have that info. Laying around please post them - thanks in advance.

Compound I made, it is threaded through so the lever can be inserted from either side. Be careful on the 1340GT there was a small ball bearing interface that can fall out. I spring loaded the arm so it would hold it's position when loosened. The saddle lock has an adjustable handle same as used for mills. Let me know if you have any other questions on the cross slide lock.
20170203_172910.jpg

20170203_172929.jpg

For the saddle / cross slide I used 3/4" bearing bronze rod. Single point thead at 16 tpi. Handle is 1/4" steel rod pressed in. My original mount plate was aluminum but later changed to steel for more rigidity.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Like Mark, I also used a Kipp lever, but used a different style. That way I could customize it with a stainless steel handle to match the others I made for the machine, and a stainless steel cover to tie it all together. Like all Kipp levers, this is an adjustable lever.

This is the low profile Kipp lever I chose with the stainless bits off to the side:

IMG_5928.jpg

This is how it looks assembled:

IMG_5927.jpg

And how it ties into the other stainless handles on the machine:

IMG_5933.jpg

For the compound, I made a stainless locking lever that has a brass-tipped shaft interface to the compound dovetail:

IMG_5754 (1).jpg

Last edited:
So like Marks first pic but bronze on the threaded part?
Bottom picture in this post

Back