16" G&E

Cleaned out the belly of the beast today.

Manual calls for 7 gallons of oil. $150 bucks later from McMaster Carr.

I got it wired and running today. Woot woot.

Thanks. Now to grind up some HSS and make some chips!

I'm just a bit jealous of you. I don't know why, I've got 5 shapers ranging in size from a 4 inch hand shaper (which I need to put together) to a 24" monster. But that is a nice looking, well outfitted shaper.

Thanks CJ. It took awhile to find this exact one. I wanted one with the rotating table and the tilting top. I also didn't want a too big of a shaper because of limited shop floor space so I settled on the 16". Also the industrial model is 1000lbs heavier than the tool room version so mine has alittle more rigidity.

NCjeeper
Please post some photos of some work being done on your "new" Shaper. Looks like you will need to update your shop tour video and show the shaper making chips fly. Did not see the table lock in your photos, but is an easy thing to make. I had to make one for my 24 in. G&E. You will enjoy this machine.

DSC03920.JPG

DSC03921.JPG

Thanks for the heads up on the table lock. I just put in new felt and sight glasses. While I had the access door and belt guard off I gave both of them a fresh coat of paint.

Next up is repairing the vise handle. It is currently shaped like a banana from previous owners gronking on it and the internal hex is worn out.

wow. just wow. Very nice machine! Congrats!

Back