1901 36" Fellows Gear Shaper

DiscoDan

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I volunteer at the Tuckahoe Steam and Gas Association machine shop museum. A team of guys functionally restored the Fellows and it is now cutting gears again! Quite a complicated machine. They started out cutting some sample delrin gears as a test but this past weekend I got to witness the first cutting of a cast iron gear. It took about 10 minutes to cut. It is something to see in person. This gear will replace a missing gear for our B&S dividing head that we have on and old B&S No. 2 universal horizontal. We will use the gear in the setup to cut helical stuff.

If you notice the bell ringing in the background, that usually tells you that it is done cutting the gear but we had something set up wrong and it went off prematurely. No harm done.

Here is a video...I hope it works.

Attachments

• MOV05248.MPG
    14.2 MB
still unable to view the video --- can someone fwd me a link that might work, perhaps in a PM?

Doesn’t work for me either :(

Sorry guys. Not sure how to save it in another format. It works on my laptop but not my phone. I will try again tomorrow.

Works on my windows 10 desktop

Finally was able to view it, Windows 10 desktop directed me to install a free codec, for all the trouble to finally see it, 11 seconds of video was a bit of a letdown ---

Pretty cool! Second the request to see more of the machine in action or not!

Back