1947 KO Lee Valve grinder.

Cyclebuster

Registered
Registered
complete and working. it hasnt ground a valve in over 40 years. i need to clean it up, but i lubed it and it runs great

Attachments

• 273546578_661121311676450_8443687922003720349_n.jpg
    273546578_661121311676450_8443687922003720349_n.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 15
I have the same one, only dirtier. Just pulled it off the bench yesterday, been taking up space for years, hoping to gift it to the neighbour.
I was given it and a Black and Decker seat grinding set up. I've used the seat grinder but never had a cause to grind a valve.
Yours is missing a U shaped shield that goes in that hole behind the wheel.

Greg

I have the same one, only dirtier. Just pulled it off the bench yesterday, been taking up space for years, hoping to gift it to the neighbour.
I was given it and a Black and Decker seat grinding set up. I've used the seat grinder but never had a cause to grind a valve.
Yours is missing a U shaped shield that goes in that hole behind the wheel.

Greg
i have it. i really want a seat grinder as well, i will keep looking. I put mine on a recycled roller cabinet, so i can park it away and use the underneath for storage. it can re occupy the space it had, with a grinder on top

I have two of them, one with the cabinet, and a complete set of stones, wheels, and accessories, Black and Decker, and another one that I plan to modify for use as a tool grinder. I do touch up valves on occasion, but normally go new. Seats I do with carbide cutters. Mike

Greg, I may be able to help you out with the seat grinder I believe I have two of them. Mike

i have it. i really want a seat grinder as well, i will keep looking. I put mine on a recycled roller cabinet, so i can park it away and use the underneath for storage. it can re occupy the space it had, with a grinder on top

i am only interested in repairing vintage machines, not transportation engines. primarily tractors and small engines

Thanks Mike, have a complete Black and Decker seat grinder. That I've used a few times, works great. Like you I replace the valves.
Had thought about turning the valve grinder into a drill bit sharpener, but made an attachment for my home made Deckel clone to do drill bits. Have more stuff than room.

Greg

I bought a complete cutter grinder 3-4 yrs ago, with an air bearing , 500 wheels, collets arbors d-s head, havent used it yet... maybe next year

Back