2 Cycle Sleeve Machining

That appears to be a pretty thick liner. Sure you can't just bore it? How about a pic of the bore. Mike
I’m embarrassed, I used a dremal to break apart piston.

Wall thickness is 3/16” ~4.5mm?

Had it soaking with atf and kerosene for a few months no budging. Also adding heat a couple time a week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 18
That appears to be a pretty thick liner. Sure you can't just bore it? How about a pic of the bore. Mike
That was going to be my question....

I'd give these guys a call, might be that you don't need a new liner. in either case you'll need a piston.

John

I’m embarrassed, I used a dremal to break apart piston.

Wall thickness is 3/16” ~4.5mm?
That'll buff right out....

Seriously though, take it to someone who knows what they're doing and see what they think.

I still think this is a prime candidate for electrification. Two stroke is fun but finicky, love the smell of castor oil but it can get old after a while.

John

Okay will do, thanks for your replies.

You could either fill that with brazing metal and then do a small overbore or just bore it all out, have it honed and then order or build a piston for it. You could also offset the bore in the direction of the damage to take out the minimum amount on the diameter. I doubt a few thousandths off center will matter much to it's performance. I assume there's enough of the piston left to take measurements from? Good luck.

Have the liner nickesil plated I use to do it to all my two strokes. Idk how thick they can go though.
This^^^

Had forgotten about that option. used it frequently on shifter kart cylinders that had gotten messed up but you didn't want to loose the porting work.

Here's one....

John

Also keep in mind there is ring locating pin in the ring groove that keeps the ring/rings from rotating. If you order a custom piston the pins will need to be clocked to the same location. Ring end gap can't overlap with a port or bad things happen :oops:

Back