#2 grinder table belt replacement

bluetang

Registered
Registered
Can anyone educate me on how the drive belt for the table(not the spindle) gets its arse on the machine, I‘m totally out of cuss words. It’s the motor in the base #2 grinder with a dedicated 1x62 figure eight belt, laced, for the table drive. Ugh! Thanks in advance

I am quite familiar with the machine, having owned two of them, but I do not understand what you are asking.

Hey John, my machine has two belts. One for the spindle, the long one, and one that drives the table feed. The table feed belt part # is 3218, it’s a 1”x 62” belt(according to the manual), and is to be installed in a figure eight. I’ve never had one on the machine; just bought one to see if the autofeed actually works.

This is what I’ve got, it shows the table drive belt on the left, in a figure eight

Just cannot get the belt on the machine

Attachments

• DA0B2758-2F5D-40B0-9EE3-6A1ABCCC44BE.jpeg
    DA0B2758-2F5D-40B0-9EE3-6A1ABCCC44BE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
They must be doing that for a directional change? I can't help you on this one. My #2 was modified to have 2 separate motors before I bought it.

I think that I see your problem now. The belt on mine is not a continuous belt. You can probably use a twist lock belt for it. That's probably what I'm going to use when I overhaul mine.

Attachments

• 0713211924.jpg
    0713211924.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 20
Thanks Bob, the belt I have is laced with Clippers, the problem is there is so little hand room to stretch it over the pulley , it keeps slipping.

Sorry, I guess I'm not much help. My ex-wife could have told you that. Mine looks like it will be a lot easier than yours to do. Maybe use a little duck tape to hold the belt on the pulley until it's installed?

Attachments

• 0713211941a.jpg
    0713211941a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
Lol, yeah, it’s been interesting. I get it so close it’s crazy. I got duct tape, what the heck, thanky.

Just not enough room to get a grip on the feed pulley( #710). Ended up pulling the pivot stud (#719) out of the idler pulley( #663) and spindle belt tightening frame assembly. Got the belt on using a couple of strap clamps to realign and reinsert the pivot stud. Whew!

Last edited:
Back