2017 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
The others were on a coffee break.
And while Joe, Jim, and Dave were on coffee break, they got into a discussion.

Joe: "What do you think ids the greatest invention?"

Jim: "I think it was the automobile. Before the automobile was invented, we had to travel by horse and buggy. It took forever to get anywhere and the darn horse needed feeding twice a day. Now we can travel acroos the state in a few hours."

Dave: "No, it was electricity. Before electricity we had kerosene lamps. They were smelly and if you weren't careful, you could burn your house down."

Joe: " Your both wrong. It was the Thermos bottle. You put hot things in and it keeps them hot all day. You put cold things in and they're still cold when you go home at night. How does it know?"

The others were on a coffee break.

True story!
I was working at a Veterans Administration Hospital building an addition. I needed to get access to a doctors office so I asked the clerk in the department to call someone to open the door for me. He looked at his watch and replied " I don't start until eight." It was 7:55.

I'm right here in front of the puter but that Bill ain't me. I stopped working for the Government in 1970.

"Billy G"

What is the single invention that has always been there and costs no money to use but has saved the most labor in all time?

Will tell you...tomorrow...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Recently reported in the Massachusetts Bar Association Lawyers
Journal, the following are questions actually asked of witnesses by
attorneys during trials and, in certain cases, the responses given by
insightful witnesses:

A: "It is possible that he could have been alive and
practicing law somewhere."
It never gets old, no matter how many times I see this.

What is the single invention that has always been there and costs no money to use but has saved the most labor in all time?

Will tell you...tomorrow..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

The lever

At the conclusion of the sermon, the worshippers filed out of the sanctuary to greet the minister. As one shook the minister’s hand, he said, “Thanks for the message, Reverend. You know, I bet you’re smarter than Einstein.”Beaming with pride, the minister said, “Why, thank you, brother!”As the week went by, the minister began to think about the man’s compliment. The more he though, the more the wondered why anyone would deem him smarter than Einstein. So the following Sunday he asked the man, “Exactly what did you mean that I must be smarter than Einstein?”The man replied, “Well, Reverend, they say that Einstein was so smart that only ten people in the entire world could understand him. But Reverend, no one can understand you.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back