2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you buy the Bahco blades? I have been using Starett Die Master and I am not happy with them.
Robert

I found two on eBay for $60 total delivered to my front door.

I picked up a Supercut bi-metal blade f0r $30 yesterday to try. I started with Starrett blades, and I've been happy so far, but I kinked the first one I installed so wanted a back up. I paid $25 for the Starretts plus shipping, so probably around $60 for two.

I thought Bahco was owned by Starrett? Do they make their own blades?

I found two on eBay for $60 total delivered to my front door.
Paco, that was a screaming deal you got.

I looked on ebay for a few weeks without success and decided I better get a spare on hand in case I broke or fouled the one on the machine.

I picked up a Supercut bi-metal blade f0r $30 yesterday to try. I started with Starrett blades, and I've been happy so far, but I kinked the first one I installed so wanted a back up. I paid $25 for the Starretts plus shipping, so probably around $60 for two.

I thought Bahco was owned by Starrett? Do they make their own blades?
Sorry, confused this earlier by saying Starrett owned them. Not so, it is Snap-On and I think they make their blades in Europe. Mine is tagged as made in the UK.

Picked up a set of 23 ER40 metric collets today, secondhand of course. In good nick, some unused and one with the wrapper still on it, all for the princely sum of AU$50.
Just need to clean the dust and a light coat of surface rust from the front face. These things sell for 50 bucks each around here. Came in a box specifically made for them.

Picked up a set of 23 ER40 metric collets today, secondhand of course. In good nick, some unused and one with the wrapper still on it, all for the princely sum of AU$50.
Just need to clean the dust and a light coat of surface rust from the front face. These things sell for 50 bucks each around here. Came in a box specifically made for them.
Nice catch and that should be the "full monty"!

Hi Alan, yes your right. I already have some imperial er40's and a mt4 holder that I use in the lathe spindle, but this kit was too good to pass up.
I also bought one of these on fleabay, wondering how long it would last.

BAP 300R C20-21-120-2T for APMT1135PDER Insert.jpg

Alan, where did you purchase yours from? I've got some Rotabroaches on the way too but was just going try using my 18N to hold them in the meantime. I would eventually like to get me one of those.
Will, I bought it via Amazon prime. Here is the link. I also put the link on the recent rotabroach thread as well.

I am impressed with the looks of this piece. I am hopeful it is as good as it looks. It is the same brand as some folks are ordering from Canada. The Amazon price is more attractive for a US order.

Thanks Alan, I saw your post in the other thread right after I posted here. I'm going to order me one too. Maybe an R8 one later as well.

Thanks for the feedback also!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back