2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got in on the Tap Magic deal, and ordered six of the Husky boxes that someone (Thanks) on here highlighted. should make getting things organized a little easier when I move into the new space in a month or so. Mike

46"Wx24.5"Dx37"H marked down to $248
1523233448948.png

As promised, the first test cuts with the new Haas TM2-P :) The little beeps you hear in the background is my son bringing up the feed speed. The second video is a run at full speed and 5000 RPM

Got in on the Tap Magic deal, and ordered six of the Husky boxes that someone (Thanks) on here highlighted. should make getting things organized a little easier when I move into the new space in a month or so. Mike

46"Wx24.5"Dx37"H marked down to $248
View attachment 264475
Hard to beat that price on the Husky's Mike . If I didn't have too many Kennedys , Vidmars and the 42" HF roll arounds laying around I would 've jumped on them myself . Complete with the thin shoptop and zip strip also . Good deal ! :encourage:

“What did you buy today”? Well, my first thought was, “Not much for $250”! lol

Nothing extravagant, just a few odds & ends that I either needed to replace or wanted to try.
m_KBC Order 003.jpg

Top row:
135* split point cobalt stub drills - 1/8”, 1/4”, 5/16”, 3/8”, 29/64”
120* HSS spotting drill (for all my other drills)
135* split point jobber drills - letter “I” & 29/64”
P1 “T”-shaped parting blade (5% cobalt)

Bottom row:
3/8” HSS 4-flute center cutting long length end mill
5/32” cobalt 4-flute center cutting double end end mill (usually prefer single end, but this was all they had)
5-40 adjustable split die
5-40 spiral flute tap
5-40 spiral point tap
10-32 spiral flute tap
10-32 spiral point tap
¼-28 spiral point tap
Micro100 solid carbide boring bar .180” min bore x 1.5” deep….can’t wait to try this puppy out!
EZE-Lap 400 grit “credit card” diamond stone
EZE-Lap 600 grit “credit card” diamond stone

Other than the 5-40 split die (TMX), boring bar (Micro100) & the EZE-Lap diamond stones, the rest of it is just KBC “house brand” (i.e- Chinesium), but even still, it looks to be waayyyy better quality than BusyBee’s “stuff” I’ve been buying.

Me thinks it’s going to be “Bye-bye BusyBee, hello KBC” from now on!

I recently bought some spiral point taps, you'll love them Todd. I can't believe how easy they feed in when power tapping. I've only power tapped with regular hand taps and they usually start slipping in the drill chuck, these don't.
Let us know how the diamond stones work out.

Greg

Reactions: TTD
Thanks, Greg & will do on the diamond stones.

Should have got the 1200 grit stone while I was at it to finish off the set, but that’ll be a good excuse for “needing” my next order. Of course, would hate to pay shipping (a whole $8.95 flat rate) for such a small item, so would have to buy a whole bunch more stuff…you know, just to make the shipping worthwhile ;). That’s what I’m gonna tell her anyways! :grin:

As for the spiral point taps, I just recently started using a couple of them, but I agree 100%…love them! A few weeks back I broke my cheapo, carbon steel Mastercraft (Canadian Tire) 8-32 tap in the middle of a project…%@&!. Wanted to finish that same day, so went to Cardon’s figuring they would have some hss taps (usually have some NOS on the rack), but everything was carbon steel. Reluctantly, I sauntered over to the “used” bin & found a few HSS spiral point taps that didn’t look bad, so bought them. Wasn’t really thrilled to buy used taps (was looking forward to trying the spiral point, though), but at least it would get me out of a jamb for now. Even being used, I was surprised how effortlessly it cut compared to a regular hand tap.

It’s been long overdue, but have slowly started replacing all my taps with HSS spiral point/flute (as needed).

Last edited:
If you haven't used one before, your really going to like it. Love mine. Mike

The only experience I have with indicator holders is one that I paid about $20 for on eBay. It had the two long steel pins with hex nuts and clamps. This Noga loos like a really nice unit. I was surprised at how well it can lock up and not move. And, it can be set in just a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back