2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally back home, and hauled back some things I bought off Craigs list, and my son picked up and stored for me this winter. Also ended up with 4 cases of the Tap Magic from the Amazon deal @ $12.50 for a case of 24 and free shipping. ACE hardware has the same 4oz cans for $11.99 each. These where all EP-EXTRA formula, which is supposed to be good for all metals. Sure would like to run into more deals like that.
One of the Craigs list deals were a pair of Bridgeport angle plates and tail stocks for $50. The angle plates are 15"H x 11.75" wide, and about 40-50lbs each. One of the tail stocks appears to be factory, and the other shop made, using a large dead center and Morse adapter. All 4 pieces are keyed for the table T-slots. The guy that my son picked these up from said they where used in conjunction with a Bridgeport rotary table for vertical mounting. I'm thinking about using them for a cylinder head fixture. Will post some of the other stuff when I get a little more settled in. Cheers, Mike
P1010713.JPGP1010714.JPGP1010716.JPGP1010717.JPGP1010718.JPGP1010719.JPGP1010720.JPG

I didn't get any Tap Magic (my order was cancelled today) but I did get this.

A made in Taiwan Vertex 8" rotary table on sale at KMS, it's getting harder to find Vertex in Canada and KMS is discontinuing carrying that brand.
The box was marked with their house brand (Magnum) but Vertex inside.

I tossed up between getting this one from KMS or one from KBC, it looks very similar to the South Bend sold by Grizzly.

https://www.kbctools.ca/products/WO...26 INDEXES/ROTARY @@26 SLIDE TABLES/4615.aspx

1524290190167.png

The one I got was the last one in stock in the lower mainland and I'd been looking at it for a few days and finally bought it.

It's very smooth and absolutely zero backlash that I can detect.
1524289970669.png

I have an 8" Vertex exactly like the one you bought. If you dig through my old posts you'll find some information about dividing plates and other tooling that might be of interest. I'm 99% sure that the rotary table that Grizzly and KBC sell is made by Vertex as well.

Did you get a manual with your table? I didn't get one with mine and I'm curious to see what's in it. I've been using the Grizzly manual for information but those tables are slightly different.

I have an 8" Vertex exactly like the one you bought. If you dig through my old posts you'll find some information about dividing plates and other tooling that might be of interest. I'm 99% sure that the rotary table that Grizzly and KBC sell is made by Vertex as well.

Did you get a manual with your table? I didn't get one with mine and I'm curious to see what's in it. I've been using the Grizzly manual for information but those tables are slightly different.

DoogieB, thanks for the info on the dividing plates etc., I'll take a look at those posts of yours.
No manual with mine either.

David.

I have been adding to my shop lately. By the way, I really enjoy reading through these posts. It gives me a chance to see what my fellow like thinking friends feel they need and want in their shop.
Oh well, I’m unable to attach pics today. I purchased a Miller Diversion 180 TIG Welder.

I have been adding to my shop lately. By the way, I really enjoy reading through these posts. It gives me a chance to see what my fellow like thinking friends feel they need and want in their shop.
Oh well, I’m unable to attach pics today. I purchased a Miller Diversion 180 TIG Welder, a Brown and Sharpe 10” Rotary Table and a Grizzly G7947 drill press.

Oh well, I’m unable to attach pics today. I purchased a Miller Diversion 180 TIG Welder, a Brown and Sharpe 10” Rotary Table and a Grizzly G7947 drill press.

60522FA9-057C-4F47-A2AD-8649D8770989.jpeg

294FB089-B56D-4938-B3E2-974E4680A615.jpeg

9607E604-71A9-4E19-9F46-E3F47D2F7297.jpeg

523FB64B-66E6-47A8-BAE7-89C2D12E7197.jpeg

I have been on a no buying spree , the case of tap magic was really an almost can't miss deal so I did buy one. But today I just ordered three rolls of flux wire for my little Clarke spool welder ,, made in Italy,, it's been a great asset in my shop . HF has there's in 2lb rolls , I've burned about ten rolls of it and it flows as well as Lincoln mig wire. So with shipping and tax plus a cheap ammo can I'm out for under $50. Of course the better half will chop me manhood off but she don't use it like she used to . Her loss. It's an oh well you need it to make Mobil carts and racks . My hanger and gas welding is a pita. It works ands cheaper but spool gun does it easier.

You guys keep talking about, your other half. I must be blessed, I have a shop account with a debit/credit card. I try to keep $5,000 in there minimum. As long as I use that account it doesn’t affect the household budget.
I am looking at this Kearny and trucker Milwaukee milling machine on cl. Man it is a sweet mill. He wants $4,000 and I think it’s worth every penny. I am thinking about taking half of Monday off to go see it.
Shoots the hell out of my $5,000 minimum shop account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back