2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may ask how much did you pay?

I have one of those I may be putting up for sale soon.

Edit just saw your message. That’s a good deal.
Thanks.

We have 3 Fadals we are getting rid of them to bring in 2 Brother high speed machines. Not sold on the Brothers at all. Tiny 30 taper tools, not very versitle from what they tell me.

The Fadals are a 4020, 3016,and the vmc15.

A tool dealer offered them $9k for all 3. I offered the $2k and got it. The dealer says no one is interested in the 15. He had it up for $3500 and no bites.

I know this machine and even though it's 22 years old it's led an easy life. And with the USB and spare inverter I think it's a good buy.

Now I just have to move it and get a phase converter to run it.

nice! what about the Shizouka you and Jim refitted a while back?

Barncat - that looks like a shaper vise, from what I've seen. Hard to find and worth some coin to a shaper owner without one.

Thanks.

We have 3 Fadals we are getting rid of them to bring in 2 Brother high speed machines. Not sold on the Brothers at all. Tiny 30 taper tools, not very versitle from what they tell me.

The Fadals are a 4020, 3016,and the vmc15.

A tool dealer offered them $9k for all 3. I offered the $2k and got it. The dealer says no one is interested in the 15. He had it up for $3500 and no bites.

I know this machine and even though it's 22 years old it's led an easy life. And with the USB and spare inverter I think it's a good buy.

Now I just have to move it and get a phase converter to run it.

Do they have the 4020 for sale I’d be interested in it.

Yes it is for sale, I posted it a few days ago on here, but you may be too late. I think they made a deal with a machine tool dealer for the 4020 and 3016 for $9000. That's a steal. I can verify it's a good machine, it's my favorite one. When I had my shop 15 years ago I had a 4020 and this one reminds me of it. If you want it you will have to act fast, like tomorrow. Send me a PM tonight and let me know. If you want both of them make them a better offer. They aren't pleased with the $9k offer at all. Here is a pic of the 4020 from today.

I think the Shizouka will be up here soon.

4020.jpg

Here is the 3016

3016.jpg

Yes it is for sale, I posted it a few days ago on here, but you may be too late. I think they made a deal with a machine tool dealer for the 4020 and 3016 for $9000. That's a steal. I can verify it's a good machine, it's my favorite one. When I had my shop 15 years ago I had a 4020 and this one reminds me of it. If you want it you will have to act fast, like tomorrow. Send me a PM tonight and let me know. If you want both of them make them a better offer. They aren't pleased with the $9k offer at all. Here is a pic of the 4020 from today.

I think the Shizouka will be up here soon.

View attachment 277882

Here is the 3016

View attachment 277883

I really want both but I cannot afford it at the moment I may be able to pick up both depending on what we can work out.

So I bought a box of drill chucks.
Jacob's and a Rohiti Supra keyless.
Two of them are MT2, I don't have a machine that takes MT2.
How accurate is it to use a sleeve? You know, from Mt2 to Mt3.
What are my options?
The other chucks are all Jacob's USA made in great condition.
The pics are the 2 in question.IMG_1284[1].JPGIMG_1290[1].JPG

Yes if not integrated with chuck. Look carefully at backside of chuck. It will have a short taper that goes in chuck like a J.. You will need 2 little wedges to split arbor from chuck too. Nice buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back