2019 POTD Thread Archive

made an archery target stand for my youngest daughter for her birthday a few weeks ago to save her from either shooting up the green beens or firing her arrows into the neighbours yard.

made a couple of rollers and stuck some spare rollerskate bearings in them
attachment.php

attachment.php

stuck em in the end of a couple of pieces of scrap wood
attachment.php

the base put together using (I think) a piece of a swingset frame. Bit of a bear to work on in the garage as it was only a couple of inches below the ceiling
attachment.php

all installed, with some trampoline netting behind it to catch stray arrows.
attachment.php

she and her sis spent a good couple of hours shooting up the target that morning which was pretty neat. The netting gets lowered when it's not in use so it doesn't get blown over in the wind.

Heavy rust damage, that someone has covered up

I echo the other comments on your skill and dedication. I hope they previous owner Paid YOU to take this rust bucket from them. :)

The anticipation of seeing this painted and on the road driving is building.

I hope they previous owner Paid YOU to take this rust bucket from them. :)

I paid 550 euros for it, it was advertised for 800, they sell for 1500 in bad condition, and 2500-3500 in good running condition, many people say lada niva is the only vehicle that hasn't moved in price last 20 years here, it seems to attract the poor and the rich people, as cheap transport and as good off roader for hunting.

I wish your car had a voice - it could probably tell a truly fantastic story of how it got to the condition it was in when you bought i ... salty roads, and I think I read something you wrote about it having survived a flood. It's a good thing that the previous owner did not try to take it off road in the last few years. With the weaknesses and hidden damage you've found, the stress would probably have collapsed the entire suspension into a heap of rubble.

More and more, I think of your work on the car as having raised the dead!

Today I wanted to continue with the rust repair on the wheel well on the little niva, but as i was sitting my welder up i notice my CO2 tank is empty, even took of the regulator and opened the valve, checked my smaller tanks they all are empty as well, and the gas place is not opened on weekends. So i moved on to more body work, i did some more sending, with the DA sender, i bought some corser sandpiper to give the filler more teeth to grab, and applied some more filler on the front panel and the drivers side back wheel well, it is surprising how much body filler hides stuff and makes things prettier. Tomorrow i'll have to take my big CO2 tank to get it exchanged, i hate moving it, it weight over 120kg.
IMG_20190511_181218.jpgIMG_20190511_181239.jpg

Fixed it. Working with a crappy keyboard.

Back