Status
Not open for further replies.
Meeeeee tooooooooooo. XXXX######!!!!!!!!
I guess I'm the outlier. I had several Triumphs and didn't suffer from electrical any more than other cars. It might just be that I started out rewiring a Suzuki TS125 when I was 14. Electrical hasn't bothered me much since then, might just be some folks first introduction was with British cars....

John

I guess I'm the outlier. I had several Triumphs and didn't suffer from electrical any more than other cars. It might just be that I started out rewiring a Suzuki TS125 when I was 14. Electrical hasn't bothered me much since then, might just be some folks first introduction was with British cars....

John
rewiring a bike is nothing. I used to assemble the Suzukis and Yamaha's in the 70s that came in crates. Nothing was attached, everything needed connecting... While it wasn't running the harness, it might as well have been, since the harness came unattached to anything really.

I have been working professionally on motorcycles and cars since the early 70's and british stuff stands nearly alone, with the exception of maybe an occasional italian fiasco. Seems the wiring itself among other things are at fault. British wiring seems to attract oxidation at any connection. The oxidation increases the resistance to the smoke particles doing their duty causing excessive pressure that in turn causes a rupture allowing the smoke to escape. Once the smoke escapes the component is useless.
Fortunately Lucas seeing the quandary facing owners it now sells replacement smoke kits so you can reenergize your old tired components and wiring after curing the blockage.

Attachments

• lucas smoke.jpg
    lucas smoke.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back