Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, we had bigger problems with the machine. The aluminum spider that supported the drum was completely rotted away from the detergent
Bob, I ran into the same thing with an 8 year old Samsung. The spider was corroded terribly. With this unit spinning up several thousand RPM I am surprised that the drum didn't come out and go through the side of the house. Mine all started with a bad vibration on spin cycle. I thought it was the shocks that support the basin. Replaced all 4 of them and things improved greatly but still not right. I figure that the shocks prematurely died because of the destroyed spider.

Bob, I ran into the same thing with an 8 year old Samsung. The spider was corroded terribly. With this unit spinning up several thousand RPM I am surprised that the drum didn't come out and go through the side of the house. Mine all started with a bad vibration on spin cycle. I thought it was the shocks that support the basin. Replaced all 4 of them and things improved greatly but still not right. I figure that the shocks prematurely died because of the destroyed spider.
Our washer was eight years old as well. Raw aluminum and laundry detergent don't play well together. It might have been a different story had the spider been anodized or or powder coated. Two of the three legs were corroded to the point of separation And the remaining leg wasn't far behind. The replacement washer uses a much lower water level so the spider isn't immersed in water while sitting idle. Fingers crossed, knock wood, and all that, it is eight years old now.
Washer Spider 2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back