Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 24-year-old daughter with a master's in engineering, works as a bio-medical engineer at the top company in her field.

I don't buy that our young people aren't sharp, I work with quite a few who would disprove the above statement. Yes, some are from overseas but many are the product of US public schools and universities. Room for improvement, yes. Dire issue, no.

John

I can't wait to hear the punch line. :)

Tom

I don't buy that our young people aren't sharp, I work with quite a few who would disprove the above statement. Yes, some are from overseas but many are the product of US public schools and universities. Room for improvement, yes. Dire issue, no.
If the smooth-brained masses just do their job and consume, the job of running things can be left to the elite few who break out of the bell curve. Seems fine, the cream always rising to save us from ourselves. Hey, that sounds like certain systems of government that have existed or still exist today. Not a good plan. It's a dire issue when I can't buy a lighter without a fire warning label or a bucket that doesn't have a big drowning baby pictogram on it. I mean, whose fault is it really if you decide to smoke while pumping gas? And don't get me started on dumbing down to automatic transmissions... that makes my spine shiver to think about. It's not the end times, no... Not yet, anyway.

If the smooth-brained masses just do their job and consume, the job of running things can be left to the elite few who break out of the bell curve. Seems fine, the cream always rising to save us from ourselves. Hey, that sounds like certain systems of government that have existed or still exist today. Not a good plan. It's a dire issue when I can't buy a lighter without a fire warning label or a bucket that doesn't have a big drowning baby pictogram on it. I mean, whose fault is it really if you decide to smoke while pumping gas? And don't get me started on dumbing down to automatic transmissions... that makes my spine shiver to think about. It's not the end times, no... Not yet, anyway.
Get off my lawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back