Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile in Florida...
View attachment 422471
I was born and raised in Puerto Rico... for the most part, we are used to hurricanes... and unless we were going to get a Cat4 or 5, a hurricane passing meant everyone getting their grills out, get the cooler full of beers, and just hang out with the neighbors. Of course this was 25 years ago (that is how long I have been living in Florida now)... And then PR got Maria and several other storms that have devastated the island...

Living in Orlando, Florida, it has been both sad and fun seeing folks that are not used to hurricanes trying to protect their property... placing plastic wrap on their cars... or using cardboard on their vehicles... as if that would prevent any damage. At least the roof on that house has a better chance than the neighbor's :D... the roof, not the shingles... those will still fly away...

When the force of nature comes calling, there is very little we can do. And I can understand folks that stay in their homes... they want to protect their properties... but they risk their lives in the process, and I really do not think that the risk is worth it... We saw that this year as well... many who drowned because of it... very sad.

Just one before and after photo... I am going to miss that Hooters...

Fort Myers Before.jpeg
Fort Myers After.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back