24" Finger Break Project Finished

I'm with everyone else - that's a drop dead gorgeous build you did there. Congrats!!

Bob

Very nice work, love to see a build thread and plans also.
Rich

:thumbzup3: I cluld not make it better my self!:thumbsup:
impressing!

Wow VERY professional looking! You do some quality work! Please do share the plans and a build thread. We will be waiting eagerly!:thumbsup2:

Thanks again guys for all the great comments!!!!

So here we go with some build pics.

The base plate ends, clamp plate ends, and bending leaf handles need to be mirrors of one another so they were done by clamping the plates together to do the machine work.

Base plate ends.

Finger Break 002.jpgFinger Break 004.jpgFinger Break 007.jpgFinger Break 165.jpg

In this pic I'm just checking the end plates against the base plate and suppout. Its upside down of course.

Finger Break 159.jpg

Finger Break 002.jpg Finger Break 004.jpg Finger Break 007.jpg Finger Break 165.jpg Finger Break 159.jpg

Impressive!
Consider having a professional type sticker made or somehow labeling it.
This is the kind of machine that will be appreciated for generations.
Someone, someday will appreciate knowing your name and the year of build.

Daryl
MN

I was actully thing about that. Got any sugestion weree I can have some made?

For a one-off, try a trophy shop. They can do some engraving on a small plate with whatever text and font you want. Plus they are used to doing small orders.

Heres some pics of the clamp end plates being machined. The clamp end plates set the angle for the fingers plus support the top clamp assy. Sorry nothing real exciting here.

Finger Break 010.jpgFinger Break 014.jpgFinger Break 018.jpgFinger Break 024.jpgFinger Break 025.jpg

[video=youtube_share;gU2K2mdP8r0]http://youtu.be/gU2K2mdP8r0[/video]

Finger Break 010.jpg Finger Break 014.jpg Finger Break 018.jpg Finger Break 024.jpg Finger Break 025.jpg

Back