3 jaw chuck

H-M experienced a site wide outage on January 23. To the best of our knowledge, the site has been restored up to January 1, 2020. Please re-post any threads, posts, and photos from between that period of time. Please rejoin the forum if you joined during that time. Sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for your understanding.

carlcan

Registered
Registered
Hello,
I'm looking for a 3 jaw chuck for my W & S No 2. Anyone know of a good place to start?

4GSR

Forum Guest
Register Today
Is it a threaded nose? or is it a A-series nose?

Silverbullet

Registered
Registered
I've got a great big die head for a turret lathe if anyone needs it . It's new old stock up to about 3-4" thread dia. Not much call on my 11" Logan . I know there super expensive but I'm no pig , ill sell it fairly . It takes six dies . No die sets in my shop for it. I may know where there are some in south Jersey , Cooks Tool in turnersville NJ

Last edited:

4GSR

Forum Guest
Register Today
Just about any 8" or 10" chuck out there will work. Your problem is going to be, is finding a A-1 or A-2 back plate. I saw your post over on PM and John O mentioned it was a A-6" nose. With that in mind, you could take a D1-6" adapter plate, pull the pins, and drill/C'Bore holes to match up with the spindle nose tapped holes. There are not very many NOS chucks out there with a A series back to them. MAybe a few used ones that would work. If you find one, it's more than likely worn out. Be nice to find a old W & S 3-jaw chuck in good shape. They are hard to come by.

Ken

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code