3450 ??????

Just my 2 cents.....

Most motors for belted machinery are usually 1725-1750 rpms to keep pulley sizes relatively small and lower belt speeds.

a 1750 motor would be the right choice for your SB, if you have difficulty in finding a motor
i'd be happy to offer assistance

mike:))

Unless you have a motor from a special application, like a Delta Unisaw for example, it is seldom worthwhile to rebuild a motor. The factory can crank out plain old everyday motors much more efficiently then a rewind shop. You are paying for labor, a couple bearings, a switch, and some copper is about all there is left to replace.

Do check it out. Then let us know. I like to stay on top of such things. Trade school here in town used to rewind motors like yours so the students had something to do. Then it got to be "cute" for the students to mislabel the leads, or leave a set of coils disconnected so the motor would vibrate. Anything to mess with people. Their reputation went in the toilet and they stopped the practice rather then continue to garner a bad reputation. What is that about being your own worst enemy? They don't even teach that class anymore.

Just my 2 cents.....

Most motors for belted machinery are usually 1725-1750 rpms to keep pulley sizes relatively small and lower belt speeds.

a 1750 motor would be the right choice for your SB, if you have difficulty in finding a motor
i'd be happy to offer assistance

mike:))
Thanks Mike, but I just bought the 3450 one and will have to use it until funds allow me to get a 1750 one. From what I've come up with I'm getting about the same speeds in the low motor to jackshaft setup as I did in the high with the 1750 motor, so I'm not really spinning the jackshaft any faster as long as I don't use the high range. I guess my 12 speed went to a 6 speed for now:LOL:

Back