3V (Deep, Narrow) V Belt Step Pulleys

Splat

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I lucked out and picked up a Dayton 15" floor drill press in excellent condition. I think it was made in the early 80s and is h-e-a-v-y. The good kind of heavy. It has two 5-step sheaves (pulleys) with 5/8" bores, and its lowest speed is 350rpm. The belt is a 3V narrow type belt. I'm trying to find a step pulley, preferably 5 steps to match what's already there but that's hoping, to fab a center pulley to lower the speeds but I cannot find one anywhere. All I'm finding are single diameter sheaves for 3V belts. I've looked in the usual places...McMaster, MSC, Grainger, Task..... Anyone know where I can find them? Thanks.,

Thanks Mike but I need it for 3V belt. I could replace the 2 pulleys I have now for a more common belt type but IDK how much of a hassle finding a splined one for the spindle would be.

Aliva, I would make it but right now dont have the time and need the dp up and running. Numerous projects, family commitments, etc.. Seems like its always around the end of the year when the stuff hits the fan. Haha

I was going to use a vfd and 3/4hp motor I have for the mill but it's looking more like it'll be going on the dp.

Back