4th axis

Livnpaintball

Registered
Registered
Anyone used the 4th axis extension? Is it easy got navigate and use? Is it worth the $1000+ a year subscription For a hobbyist?

Not sure where you are getting your price from. I am seeing $545 per year. There is something called a "Startup" license that allows you free access to the full Fusion 360 for 3 years. As to the question of if it is worth it. I can't address the 4th part as I don't have a 4th axis (yet). For me I was paying for a Bob-Cad seat for my CAM. I would upgrade every 3 years or so and as a result probably average $200 per year for that. I had a fully paid ACAD 2012 license that had not annual cost but was also feature frozen. So for now I am paying the $545 per year but I doubt I will be able to keep that up forever. While I am still learning Fusion 360, I am liking what I have been using so far. Also nice is that it roles so many disciplines into one application. CAD, subtractive CAM(Mill/router), Circuit board layout, schematic capture, Additive CAM (3d-printer)

Not sure where you are getting your price from. I am seeing $545 per year. There is something called a "Startup" license that allows you free access to the full Fusion 360 for 3 years. As to the question of if it is worth it. I can't address the 4th part as I don't have a 4th axis (yet). For me I was paying for a Bob-Cad seat for my CAM. I would upgrade every 3 years or so and as a result probably average $200 per year for that. I had a fully paid ACAD 2012 license that had not annual cost but was also feature frozen. So for now I am paying the $545 per year but I doubt I will be able to keep that up forever. While I am still learning Fusion 360, I am liking what I have been using so far. Also nice is that it roles so many disciplines into one application. CAD, subtractive CAM(Mill/router), Circuit board layout, schematic capture, Additive CAM (3d-printer)
So you can do Wrap Toolpath in manufacturing with the standard 360? I find that odd because everything the have online says you need the extension which cost $1600 a year. IMG_3807.png

looks like you are right. As I don't have a 4-th axis, I have not tried any of the multi-axis options. I just went in and tried to created a 4th axis process. It was in the menus but when I selected it told me I need to purchase the Machining extensions. :(

looks like you are right. As I don't have a 4-th axis, I have not tried any of the multi-axis options. I just went in and tried to created a 4th axis process. It was in the menus but when I selected it told me I need to purchase the Machining extensions. :(
I was really hoping I was wrong. I’m looking for an affordable 4th axis CAM to try out.

It's my understanding that 4th axis indexing operation is available within F360 (cut in 3D, move part in A, cut in 3D, etc.), but synchronous 4th axis operation requires the upgrade. I'm about to find out.

It's my understanding that 4th axis indexing operation is available within F360 (cut in 3D, move part in A, cut in 3D, etc.), but synchronous 4th axis operation requires the upgrade. I'm about to find out.
Pretty sure it won’t work. But if you manage to make it work please share your magic! We would love to know!

Back