5 gal. Mobil Vactra #2 Way Oil for $89.99

Technical Ted

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I used to order from Enco all the time and really miss them. MSC took them over and I have never bought anything from them since their prices seem a little higher than I can find items selling for at other locations. Until today!

I got a MSC sales catalog yesterday and they had 1 gal of Vactra #2 (CT60002151) for $21.99 and 5 gal (CT60002169) for $89.99. This is much cheaper than I could find it listed for at any other places. This includes FREE shipping!

To get the listed prices from the sales catalog I had to do a product search using the Order Number for the item (see above in ( ) ), otherwise, it was shown at a much higher price. They also have Vactra #4 as well.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up,
Ted

Free shipping?
I'm not seeing that.

When I checked out, no shipping was charged even though the catalog gives a free shipping code (MB418) and I didn't use it. Didn't even see a place to enter it.

Oh, if you are just ordering the 1 gal. the order minimum for free shipping is $25. Maybe that's the problem. Put 2 in your cart and see if that changes it.

Ted

It worked and only one gallon. Shipped to my door $23.50.
Thanks

If you are spending that much for a 5 Gal pale you may consider trying to source Mobil Vacuoline 1409 which I have found works better than the Vactra #2. Another forum member also discussed this with the Mobil Tech and felt it was a better product. I was able to pick it up locally through an oil distributor for around $90 for a 5 gallon pale. I use it on the ways, gearbox and carriage.

Online information:
Mobil Vacuoline is similar to Mobil Vactra#2, but may be better for some way-lube applications, especially for machines with v-ways or box ways. Mobil Vacuoline contains special tackifiers that makes it stay in place better than other way lubes. This oil is extremely sticky, so it is great for those box way or V-way machines. Will stay in place and protect machines where other oils drip or run off.

Mobil Vacuoline 1409 oils are extra high performance lubricants specifically designed to satisfy the requirements of machine tools that use one oil for both hydraulic systems and way lubrication. They are formulated using high quality mineral base oils and a unique additive technology that provides excellent lubricity properties to eliminate stick-slip and chatter of heavily loaded and vertical box ways. They exhibit a high degree of oxidation and thermal stability that increases the service life and helps keep lubricated surfaces clean and free from corrosion or deposits that could detract from finished parts quality and accuracy. Mobil Vacuoline 1400 Series oils provide the optimum balance between these divergent requirements.

These products are the result of an innovative technology to meet the low frictional properties required to assure acceptable production levels of quality parts with minimum downtime in today's high output machine tools. They exhibit the ability to inhibit oxidation and the formation of lacquers and deposits on ways and in hydraulic systems while providing excellent load-carrying performance to control component wear and extend equipment service life.

**Features and Benefits*
The Mobil Vacuoline 1409 oils have been developed to provide an extra margin of machinery protection by satisfying the requirements of hydraulic systems while meeting the stringent demands of the ways. Their outstanding oxidation and thermal stability characteristics improve machine cleanliness and reduce the needs for frequent maintenance services. The dual purpose nature does not compromise either hydraulic system performance or the stick-slip or chatter of ways allowing their effective use in both systems while reducing the potential negative effects of cross contamination of lubricants and water or water-based coolants.

Same as Vacoline Vacouline

I bought a gallon Vactra #2 this month also, the MSC deals have been very good. I got about 30% off retail on a jug of layout fluid too. Free shipping on both. It would take me a long time to use 5 gallons of way oil and I use my machines daily. A gallon will last me at least a year on my 4 machines that use it.

I started using Vactra #2 in my motorcycle auto chain oiler, works good! I have an old DL1000 I ride cross country occasionally and the Vactra makes a good chain lube. No rust, runs nice and clean. I've never used any other brand, never felt the need to. I lube my 5 ton punch presses with Vactra too.

A gallon will most likely last me over 1 year too, but now I've got enough for over 5 years! :) I figured the price was good and I know I'll use it so why not save even more money by buying a little larger quantity. Buying a 5 gallon pail gets it down to $18/gal. I also imagine that the price will be higher over the years as well. Maybe not, but most prices do increase... I just pore some into a small container to use to fill my oil cans for convenience.

Ted

Zoro sells the 1409 for 91.58 with free shipping, not bad for 5 gallons. I like free shipping so I don't have to drive to town to lug home a pail. I may switch when I run out of Vactra #2.

Back