Closed 6x18 Magnetic Chuck

keeena

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I'm on the lookout for a fine-pole 6x18 magnetic chuck. Might be a bit of a stretch with shipping, but let me know what you got!

what are they worth? I have an OS Walker 6x18, but I am in Rochester Mn. and they are heavy?
Dave

Attachments

• DSCF0003 (2).JPG
    DSCF0003 (2).JPG
    741.1 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF0004 (2).JPG
    DSCF0004 (2).JPG
    704.6 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF0006 (2).JPG
    DSCF0006 (2).JPG
    668 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF0007 (2).JPG
    DSCF0007 (2).JPG
    752.4 KB · Views: 21
Used mag chucks are all over the place. The good brands are quite expensive when new; Walker, Suburban Tool, Magnetool, etc... As a result: folks often list them for crazy money regardless of condition. I don't see many that are in really good shape that warrant big asking prices on eBay.

I probably would be in the $150-200 range for what you've got (assuming still has good hold; hard to tell from pics how much meat is left on the top). I wouldn't be surprised to see someone easily asking $400-500 for that on ebay. That's just my SWAG though; there are different models and I'm not versed on everything that's out there. You could have a super-rare, high-end chuck for all I know? I'm cool with others chiming in on prices; I won't be offended.

For reference: I missed out on picking up an exceptional 6x18 at an auction recently. I was focused on work and didn't realize the end time for the lot. It went for $200. But that's auction prices.

I took a very quick look on ebay. Similar chuck (I think?) and a bit better condition (physically, no idea on functional condition), sold a couple weeks ago for $325+45 ship. Ebay

my chuck is 2 13/16" thick total--bottom section is 1 7/8" thick. chuck weighs approx 90 pounds. top of chuck is 6" by 18 1/4" by 15/16" thick. ---a 3" square block placed anywhere on the chuck top will lift the chuck firmly. too bad you live so far away that you can't evaluate it. hope you can find one closer to you.
Dave

Last edited:
Can close the thread now. My search is over - was able to get one locally at auction (and funny coincidence: its the exact same chuck as yours Dave)

Can close the thread now. My search is over - was able to get one locally at auction (and funny coincidence: its the exact same chuck as yours Dave)
I'm curious what you got it for, since I need a value of mine when I sell it. glad you found one.
Dave

Back