7/16" - 12 Acme Nuts

dwall174

Registered
Registered
Does anyone know of a source for 7/16" -12 acme nuts?

I've been looking for some LH & RH nuts for a project I'm working on, But so far I haven't found any!

Doug

Can you change your lead screws to 3/8 or 1/2? Are you making some kind of clamping devise or vise? 60* threads work well enough, though the torque to linear pressure is not as ideal.
Cost wise, going up or down a size is more effective.
1584883783616.png

7/16-10 Acme taps from MPI tools are a lot less expensive:

Wouldn't hurt to contact them and see if they can supply 7/16-12. Or can you use 10 tpi instead?

Craig

Do you have a lathe? Might be time to learn single point threading! If you have HSS cutters, an Acme tool is easy enough to grind.

Do you have a lathe? Might be time to learn single point threading! If you have HSS cutters, an Acme tool is easy enough to grind.
Now there's a good 'hunkering' down project...
-=-
How small a scissors lift?
The neighbor brought me over a bent up scissors jack that his kid messed up changing a tire.
I've been staring at it trying to figure out what to make out of it. The screw is still OK. About 1/2" DIA.
Get one from the boneyard and modify it. -just a thought.

0322201212__R.jpg

How small a scissors lift?
It's not that big, Only about 6" long & 1-5/8" wide.

I'm still in the design stages of the router lift, It's kind of a build as you go project.
Here's a few current pics of what I have came-up with so far, I still need to make some spacers to stiffen up the scissor jacks!
IMG_6009.JPGIMG_6008.JPG
The two scissor jacks will eventually be connected with a #25 chain & sprockets so that they move together, "Hopefully"

Doug

The neighbor brought me over a bent up scissors jack that his kid messed up changing a tire.
I've been staring at it trying to figure out what to make out of it.

Yeah I know the feeling!
I have several scissor jacks that are currently stored under a workbench, I've been thinking of using two of them to make retracting casters for a welding table.
Scrap Jacks.jpg

Doug

Back