7/8 8TPI Lead Screw

Richcan22

Registered
Registered
Any good places online where you can buy 7/8 8TPI Stainless lead screw. Also same Half Nut in Bronze? Found some places but don’t have the 7/8 with 8 threads?

Not sure you will find it in SS unless it is a special order, Green Bay MFG has them in 4140. They have other in SS.

Other to check:

Old thread on repair half-nut

Not sure you will find it in SS unless it is a special order, Green Bay MFG has them in 4140. They have other in SS.

Other to check:

Old thread on repair half-nut
Thanks! Been looking on this other site but didn’t have the ones I wanted. This one you sent looks like they have everything! I’ll call them tomorrow and they have in stainless. Doing a rebuild so gonna pay the extra. Wonder if I should put bearings on end block? There’s just bushings or no bushings I’ll have to take apart.

What precision does the screw need to be? Rolled or cut ? Just wondering what is appropriate. Dave

Classes of Acme Threads: There are three types of Universal Function ACME threads which are 2G, 3G, and 4G. Every type allows specific clearance on all typical magnitude diameters for unrestricted movement, and also depends on the thread interface needed to the nut. The accuracy is something like 0.003" per foot which should be fine for threading. Unlike a ball screw, they are not used for positioning per se, and also depends on the accuracy/type of the thread you are cutting.

A few more vendors to check:

Back