7x stands

Nates

Registered
Registered
Decided I need to stick it down instead of where it currently lives and was looking for stand ideas for the 7x lathes. I didn't really want to do a sheet metal stand.

I was thinking lumber with a couple drawers and maybe some holes in the legs to fill with sand. I know some guys do the epoxy granite but I was wondering if loose sand would damp more than something rigid.

I made a workbench for my 7x12 out of scrap wood left over from our house project. The top is 1" plywood. Not very deep, it's a trestle style bench with an open shelf below for storage. To stiffen it w/regard to sideways motion there's a plywood panel connecting the left trestle leg to the right leg, which also serves as a backstop for the storage shelf.

It's been stable enough for my needs. And was free except for the plethora of wood screws I used.

I was sort of thinking two plywood box legs filled with sand, drawers in the middle/front all the way down to one shoe height from the floor and a heavy top of some sort But I haven't drawn anything up

Back