• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I will not be around. I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

935 DRO Install Pics?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Alan H

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Peter,
My Easson 12B was installed by Matt and friends at QMT.

Here are some photos of the scales, etc. albeit without the detail you may want. Hopefully someone who installed one will also respond with more of the detail that you may need.

If you need something more specific from me, I will see if I can get a shot of it for you.

Z scale:
Z axis scale.jpg

Y and Z scale:
Z and Y axis scale.jpg

Y Scale:

Y axis scale 2.jpg

Y axis scale.jpg

X Scale:
X axis scale.jpg

Readout and support arm:

screen and arm.jpg

petertha

Very helpful, Alan, thanks. Very clean install.

- did the PM kit limit the travels much in any dimension?
- real dumb question but the Z DRO on these machines is always on the knee, never the quill? Do you have one of those digital vernier styles on the quill or just don't bother? This never even occurred to me. My current mill is an RF-45 bench style so this is what I kludged together.

Attachments

Alan H

Peter,
No there are no travel limits inflicted on the PM935 mill by the Easson 12B DRO.

Regarding the Z axis, I believe it is always the knee. There are DROs that also have a second vertical axis measurement for the quill. Perhaps Mark @mksj can comment on that since his Acra mill is equipped that way.

Another option that can used is a separate DRO Indicator Kit like Mitutoyo makes for Bridgeport style mills.
I chose that route and installed one my PM935:

mill quill dro.jpg

Here is a thread discussing the install of a Mitutoyo quill DRO on my machine.

[6]
[5] [7]