A Beginners Clock

Re: The next project

Its Done all 337 pages of it
I will be offering one to HM for auction. procedes donated to HM
who do i see about aranging this.

Just the down load to be sorted it's to big for a single attachment so i may split it in two

Brian

Re: The next project

The book is now up for sale either on my web site or use my E mail.

www.magicbrian40@yahoo.com the price is £20 for the book and all the help you require.

P1012551.JPG Brian:))

P1012551.JPG

Hi Brian i'm new to this forum and to clocks. when i found this thread , and fell in love with your begginers clock as soon as i put a few bucks together i'm going to buy your book. i'm also retired but i do have a taig lathe both manual and cnc .a taig cnc mill, a 7-12 lathe , a drill press and a mini drill press i'm building. i've only been in the hobby for 6-7 years:)):man:
Thanks again Brian

p.s. here are a couple pf pics of mt home shop

shop 013.JPG swarf guard 001.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Thanks for your interest. You certainly have a nice shop. Ideally suited for this project. There are more details on my website. (see bottom of page). When the time comes if you need any assistance during the build feel free to contact me. Looking forward to hearing from you. Brian.

Just out of interest I thought I would try a ball race in the weight pully because it is the highest loaded bearing in the clock.
I had a 625zz bearing In the odd bearing box, so I made a new pully for it. the result was that the clock gained 3/4 of an hour a day.
so I have regulated the clock and will make a new drawing for constructors when I am happy all is OK.

P1012598.JPG

Brian.

P1012598.JPG

Brian, I am in the process (slowly ) of reading your book and I hope to get a start next week.

Cheers,

Tom

First job Tom is to look at the tools you have and list the ones you have to make.
then start making chips on the simple ones.

Regards Brian

Thanks Brian, that was sort of my plan. I just need to clear a little room first and get a couple of other things out of the way.

Cheers,

Tom

By request, I have added suppliers of clock parts in CAN. USA. AU. UK. to my web site. see botom of page.

Best regards Brian.

Back