A big money earner

savarin

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
After seeing the latest app from a local bank that gives out warnings when you may be spending too much I have come to realise that the majority of the population is as thick as two short planks and requires something to take the place of the brain they do not possess.
So, I'm calling all phone app programmers to build the following high tech must have application that every mobile phone user under thirty years of age needs to survive in the modern world.
Every 2.5 seconds a warning pops up in the corner of the screen overlaying whatever else in displayed stating "breathe in" then 2.5 seconds later "breathe out"
The following component of this app has eye tracking software so every 10 seconds another overlay pops up telling the user to look up, look ahead, look left, look right, with a quick glimpse over your shoulder every 30 seconds.
At the same time it recognises if ear buds are in use and also states these warnings verbally.
There is a gigantic gap to be filled in the market and it should be a huge money maker and end up being the savior of the current generation.

No it needs to monitor the speed it is moving and shut down if going over 5 mph.
Unless you’re using GPS.

I often wonder if the reason it seems like everybody is staring at a phone is because its so hard to use and so bass akwards as to be almost impossible to really DO anything. And they are just trying do something simple. Shear frustration with the stupid “rules” for using it keep me using it just for text, GPS and calls.

Everything else causes dain bramage IMHO, as evidenced by the hordes of stumbling zombies staring at the thing in their hand.

I often wonder if the reason it seems like everybody is staring at a phone is because its so hard to use and so bass akwards as to be almost impossible to really DO anything. And they are just trying do something simple. Shear frustration with the stupid “rules” for using it keep me using it just for text, GPS and calls.

My phone auto updated a few nights ago. That re-enabled WiFi calling. My internet is HughesNet satellite, long latency, erratic performance, guaranteed to NOT work for a voice call. Just figured that out after a frustrating call trying to buy a lathe chuck. I *hate* autoupdate. I don't want new features. I'm probably a candidate for a flip phone. That's after nearly 40 years of working as a computer hardware/software design engineer.
And I'm paying for this "service". Shows my level of stupidity.

That's after nearly 40 years of working as a computer hardware/software design engineer.
Agreed! I was a "field enginer" for years, both on generic book keeping systems and industrial process control systems. With that experience, I don't trust any computer any "further than I can throw it". My thoughts revolve around the length of the power cord. And to keep things in perspective, I do have a flip phone. With a screen so small I can't see to read texts. So I ignore them and use voice only.

My phone auto updated a few nights ago. That re-enabled WiFi calling. My internet is HughesNet satellite, long latency, erratic performance, guaranteed to NOT work for a voice call. Just figured that out after a frustrating call trying to buy a lathe chuck. I *hate* autoupdate. I don't want new features. I'm probably a candidate for a flip phone. That's after nearly 40 years of working as a computer hardware/software design engineer.
That is comforting that it's not just me. We are truly living Revenge of the Nerds. I guess if you're into this way of being early you have no problem.

Back