A Big Thanks to Matt and Mike at Precision Matthews!

spittinlead

Registered
Registered
Just want to post a big Thank you, to Matt and Mike.. at Precision Matthews and there customer service..I had a major-minor problem with my
Lathe and they worked with me to pin point the problem and Make it better than New.

Top of the line customer service. Which is hard to find in the business world.

You would do well to purchase from PM

Thanks again,

Larry

The lathe would not run because the safety switch in the pully cover was not making contact?

The lathe would not run because the safety switch in the pully cover was not making contact?
Actually I had great vibration issues coming from the motor. I had replaced belt with a sectional style belt, Added vibration dampers between motor and mounting plate. All items made a big difference, than over time it would return. after removing all belts and pulley from motor. You could hear and see the vibrations. The worst part you could see it, in the metal being turned. Which this lathe is very accurate to .0001 after all is set. Then the motor had some noticeable power loss.

Which lathe?

Oh boy, not that simple then, there is a balanced motor/pulleys that David P Best used if you can find his 1340 thread.

Last edited:
I have bought three machines from Precision Matthews. I wouldn’t even consider buying from anyone else.

I have found their customer service to be absolutely stellar.

Back