A Bit Of Help Please From A Noob

SteveRogers

Registered
Registered
Howdy Folks. I have my Fathers machine shop and would like a little help in finding it a good home.
Custom SB 9" Lathe, Custom rolling toolbox, Bpt M head on a B&S knee Sharpening station , Surface plates , Cylindrical & T Square, strait edge , scrapers, Dye Lapping compound, and tons of tooling & carbide bits.
Please can you point me in the right direction ? I refuse to use PayPal due to them sticking their hand in my pocket without warning. Thanks Steve in CT PS I dont even know how to use this site sorry

The first responses you get here are all going to ask for pictures. I'm not enough of a computer hand to help you with that. I will offer my services to be all the help I can. I work in Newtown, so I can take a look if it'll help you with descriptions. That said, by the look of the forecast, this might be a tough week for me to get much time to help you. Let me know what you think, if you want the help, I can pm you my phone number, and we'll go from there

I think that you have to post several messages before you can post pictures. After reaching the magic number, just drag them to the page. At least
thats what I do.

CHuck the grumpy old guy

Agree that you have to post some before you get pics, But that should not be hard to do. Just describe some of the stuff, What kind of machining did he do, How old is some of the equipment, etc.
I take it you are not interested in doing any machining. It can be fun, I do it as a relaxing hobby to get over the stress of IT work.

If only I was still working and had money. Being on disability really sucks cause he is even in my state.

Steve,
If you can take digital pictures you might be able to send them to someone on here to post for you.

Hi Steve,

I dont even know how to use this site sorry
Your doing great :encourage:!

You've made it past the hardest step already; you've got an account here and found a great group to help you. The folks here are honest and caring. I can honestly say I would not hesitate to have them "disperse" my tools when I'm finished with them, I know it would be thoughtfully and responsibly done, and also the tools would find people that value them.

As already stated, if you can get some picture uploaded here you WILL draw more interest. A local member is definitely going to be an asset to you. But don't worry if you don't find one, it can work long distance too. If you need to bump up your post count in order to post pictures just start with descriptions of the various tools. Once pictures are posted, you can be assured of quick identification of all the items. That will help with research and price setting. Just keep adding stuff to this thread.

Details of the contents of the rolling tool box would help. It is often said that the tooling is worth more than the machine. You may be surprised.

If you need any help or encouragement just ask!
Feel free to send me a private message thru the "start a conversation" link if you want.

You say little of the circumstance, and I do NOT want to pry, but I wish you the best in this!
-brino

Surface plates , Cylindrical & T Square, strait edge , scrapers, Dye Lapping compound
Sorry to hear about your father. No sarcasm intended.
Welcome to HM.
Please keep us posted, as we know interested HM!!

Daryl
MN

I don't know about post count since I host my pictures off site. Just past a link to the hosted picture & they should show up. I usually use photobucket myself. I've never had HTML code blocked that I know of.

Back