A couple new knives

Craigb

Registered
Registered
A couple of knives I finished recently.

First one is 4 inches closed anodized titanium and pearl handles with Jerry Rados damascus.

LLP1_zpse41a698b.jpg

LLP3_zps23624c25.jpg

LLP5_zps7aa06709.jpg

The next one is a stockman with my own damascus made from 1075 and 15N20. Integral 416 stainless bolsters and liners with mammoth ivory handles. Half stops on all blades and file work on the liners. 3 5/8 closed.

6fdeb3ad-8323-4090-8796-9416180c29d6_zps34fd87e7.jpg

Dstock5_zps6e6be807.jpg
Stock_zpsa9f592ca.jpg

Craig--those are perfect knives--wish I had that much talent in knifemaking--approx How long did each knife take to make ?---very very good job!!!---Dave

The liner lock is a new design that I have been playing around with for a month or so. From when I started drawing the knife on paper I have no idea. It was one of those things when and Idea came I worked on the drawing a little and checked it later so see if I still liked it. The actual time to make it after I finished changing the pattern was around 30 hours as a guess.

The stockman is a little more. It took 8-10 hours to make the damascus after that about 40-50 hours on the knife. I need to time one again to make sure on the numbers.

Nice work!
Is mammoth ivory a trade name or is mammoth ivory really available?

Cheers Phil

Very Sweet Craig! You do good work my friend! Hope all is going your way!

Dwayne

Extremely neat work!!

Mammoth ivory is ivory from buried mammoth tusks. It comes in all kinds of colors from off white to very dark as seen on the knife above. Some knife supply places sell it,or you might find it on Ebay.

It is prone to having cracks and sometimes is delaminated,being thousands of years old. It is a legal form of ivory. Not affected by laws aimed at ivory.

That stockman would fit my pocket real well! Really nice work Craig, you got it right on those two!

David

Back