A day at the track

I love the sidecar racers, used to watch them out there in the early 1980's. This is the only org. that still races them in the US AFAIK.

IMG_1659.jpg

I don't know how I could remember how it looked, before my uncle was KIA in 67, he was a mechanic for a car team, and took me around the track, maybe 65-66....Wow

Last edited:
I don't know how I could remember how it looked, before my uncle was KIA in 67, he was a mechanic for a car team, and took me around the track, maybe 65-66....Wow
Is that your uncle Paul?

I was just a baby in '66.

Glad you have a happy memory, if you ever get back out here please let me know.

John

Yes that would be him, I spent 2 years in La Mesa, my dad went to the Navy post graduate school there. You should have seen this Hawaii boy dive into the Ca. pacific ocean(first time), and walk on the water to get back to the beach. Back then we did not have the phrase WTF, but it would have been very appropriate, I think it postponed my puberty for awhile(shrinkage) :grin:

There isn't a track within hundreds of miles of me - yet (supposed to be one going in). Still, we get to Barber for Vintage Days and to watch the AHMRA races then. I think they even have a class for Ebikes (a couple Zeros ran a few years ago). One of our vintage club members races his RD in AHMRA.

Last edited:
Back