A good quality pump oiler? Do they exist?

jgedde

Active User
Registered
I've been searching for a good quality pump oiler. The one I had from many years ago broke. The one the came with my RF45 mill was so bad I threw it out (more oil leaked onto my hands than what was being oiled). I bought one from AutoZone which isn't too bad, but has a flexible oil tube which is a nuisance (and has already broken - but I was able to repair it).

Any suggestions for a good quality pump oiler for way oil (I use my own version of Guy Lautard's way oil - STP oil treatment, hypoid gear oil, and moly)...

Thanks!
John

Thanks Bill! Looks like their model 625 is exactly what I was looking for. I've seen these online but doubted their quality because they were so inexpensive. For $10.99 I'll give it a try based on your advice.

John

Those Goldenrod oilers should last a lifetime. You won't be sorry if they are still built the way they used to be.

Nice! I plan to order some soon as well, thanks for the links. The ones I have a pure crap.

I bought some old Eagle oilers and cleaned them up. They are rumoured to leak after a while, but it was more an antique project than a real function thing.

I like the one with the flexible hose as opposed to the fixed metal one.

Nelson

I got my Goldenrod 55808 today. It's very high quality and built like a brick s$%t-house. It looks like something from the 30's!

But it's fairly large and has a nozzle you can drive a truck through. The damn thing can squirt a 1/4" stream of oil 5-6 feet! But unless I'm planning to lube a steam locomotive, it's too big.

I stopped off at Harbor Freight and bought the $3.99 oiler dalee and randyjaco recommended. It's just the right size, comfortable to use, and works very well. Granted it's all plastic, but it seems to be the one I'll stick with in the shop. It's a sweet little oiler...

John

If you're willing to spend some serious cash (I did) you can get a really great pump oiler. It has a cast aluminum body, and works drip-free in any position, even upside down. McMaster has it as stock #1340K28:

Back