A little cleanup time...

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Have been pushing the old Atlas lathe pretty hard the last few weeks and decided to give it a little love today. Swept up a couple of pounds of chips, oiled everything up, and cleaned/organized the general area. Won't last long, but makes me feel better, so time well spent. Mike

IMG_20240519_114721022.jpgIMG_20240519_120704469.jpgIMG_20240519_120718865.jpgIMG_20240519_120748319.jpg

Have been pushing the old Atlas lathe pretty hard the last few weeks and decided to give it a little love today. Swept up a couple of pounds of chips, oiled everything up, and cleaned/organized the general area. Won't last long, but makes me feel better, so time well spent. Mike

View attachment 490565View attachment 490566View attachment 490567View attachment 490568
Looking good. How to you guys keep your ways and other precision surfaces so clean and shiny? I see pictures on here all the time and they blow my mind

I don't really do much to it other than the occasional cleanup and wipe down, but I'm blessed with a dry climate so no rust issues to worry about. Steady use, and good wipers keeps the ways shinny. Mike

I don't really do much to it other than the occasional cleanup and wipe down, but I'm blessed with a dry climate so no rust issues to worry about. Steady use, and good wipers keeps the ways shinny. Mike
Hmm, I’m in more of a tropical climate down here in Alabama. No real rust issues. May be it just seems that my stuff doesn’t quite glow like everyone else’s,lol. I try to keep a clean house and am vigilant when it comes to my ways

Looking good. How to you guys keep your ways and other precision surfaces so clean and shiny? I see pictures on here all the time and they blow my mind
I just figure they don't actually use them... ;-) Makes a fella downright self-conscious...

GsT

Back