A micrometer for 5 euro???

Marco Bernardini

Active User
Registered
Tonight I was at the county fair.
There was a stand selling hardware where I found a brand new 25 mm micrometer for the astounding price of 5 euro.
After testing it I decided to buy… two beers! :rofl:
It was the famous "C-clamp with numbers on the handle".
The seller also proposed me a 6 pieces set of Chinese center bits for over 30 euro :nuts: - I think I must avoid Hawaiian shirts while discussing prices (*).

---

Update: I found the same micrometer on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/230981234857
A suggestion: don't waste $11.21 on it, because the stem of the one I tested was misaligned and the screw was half stuck (maybe it was the reason for such a low price, but why to risk?).

(*) This hint can be recognized just by Nethack gamers…

Last edited:
Wow.. I though that was a Nethack reference ;)

I have a couple low end calipers from our local import store (Harbor Freight, AKA, "Horrible Fright"). They are servicable. Maybe the bent screw was just on the demo model eh?

Wow.. I though that was a Nethack reference ;)

I have a couple low end calipers from our local import store (Harbor Freight, AKA, "Horrible Fright"). They are servicable. Maybe the bent screw was just on the demo model eh?

I have a digital 6" caliper from HF. I like mine but I know if I drop it I not going to cry over it. I have a couple of dial calipers that I have used when I was in the trade. The craziest model I saw was all plastic with a digital readout that was scary to me. Would likely be good for a child beginner to practice with.

I have a digital 6" caliper from HF. I like mine but I know if I drop it I not going to cry over it. I have a couple of dial calipers that I have used when I was in the trade. The craziest model I saw was all plastic with a digital readout that was scary to me. Would likely be good for a child beginner to practice with.

Well, think it has a bit more precision than a yardstick :)

Back