• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Some users may still have issues remaining logged into the forum. Please delete old bookmarks. If you are still having issues, go to the Site Issues forum here and let us know EXACTLY what you clicked on before the login issue arose, so we can try to track it down. We are working on this, and appreciate your patience. Thank you.

[4]

A new shop apprentice has been born

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

papa-roe

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
I needed to make this announcement and this seemed the best place. I got a text last night that I have a new grandson. I have 3 daughters, 4 granddaughters and 3 exes who have me intimidated. Finally, I have someone to boss around and be my apprentice when he gets older. I have one grand daughter in Tulsa that MAYBE I can persuade to join me in machining or welding but for the most part, I am (was) alone in a virtual sea of girly girl princesses. Life is getting better!

brino

Active User
Congratulations!

However, one of those "girls" just might surprise you.
I have one niece that would rather work with the buffalo on a farm than in the clean, indoor family business with her brothers.
In fact I gave my brother my old lathe when I upgraded because he said that she might be interested in it.

-brino

papa-roe

Congratulations!

However, one of those "girls" just might surprise you.
I have one niece that would rather work with the buffalo on a farm than in the clean, indoor family business with her brothers.
In fact I gave my brother my old lathe when I upgraded because he said that she might be interested in it.

-brino
I have high hopes for my 10 year old grand daughter in Tulsa. That is 350 miles away so it may be a challenge.

Bill Gruby

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Congratulations are due but remember this my friend, my youngest daughter IS A Journeyman Machinist. A good one at that. She can machine circles around her co-workers.

"Billy G"

Last edited:

papa-roe

Congratulations is due but remember this my friend, my youngest daughter IS A Jorneyman Machinist. A good one at that. She cam machine circles around her co-workers.

"Billy G"
My grand daughters are each different. The oldest is an artist with a macabre gothic sensibility. She also plays bass in a metal band. Her sister the 10 year old is a tomboy who loves to hunt with her dad and play basketball, soccer and torment both her sisters. The youngest sister is an 8 year old girl through and through. She would wear her princess outfit 24/7 if she could. My youngest grand daughter who's mom just gave birth to her brother is 7 and she can use a sewing machine and design and make clothes for herself and her dolls. Seriously!

genec

Active User
I needed to make this announcement and this seemed the best place. I got a text last night that I have a new grandson. I have 3 daughters, 4 granddaughters and 3 exes who have me intimidated. Finally, I have someone to boss around and be my apprentice when he gets older. I have one grand daughter in Tulsa that MAYBE I can persuade to join me in machining or welding but for the most part, I am (was) alone in a virtual sea of girly girl princesses. Life is getting better!
hope you have better luck then I do , they can't do much with out a cell phone

Z2V

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
Congrats to you, hope mother and child are doing well!

FOMOGO

Active User
Congrats on your grandson, pretty exciting stuff. I have my first grandchild due in early Dec. A girl, can't wait. Cheers, Mike

Silverbullet

I'm still surrounded , three girls and grand daughter plus the wife. Son in law who don't even know what a hammer and saw or screwdriver are let alone use one. He was momma raised , playing games is it . His dad was a real prick I understand even dangerous to them. Step dad's ok but it's to late for this son in law. Congrats on the male helper coming up.

Bill Gruby

Global Moderator
Staff member
It's never too late, don't give up on him.

"Billy G"

[6]
[5] [7]