A Sad Day ..... My best friend ( my dog) passed away

I feel your loss. I've had 3 leave me in the last 5 years and have one now getting ready to turn 12. The last 2 Goldens were gone within a month of their 12th birthdays to cancer. So I'm dreading the next several months. I always tried to think of this as an opportunity to get to know another best friend.
Take care.

Mark,

Your tribute to your little pal Stush, was certainly the nicest I have ever seen , He obviously was deeply loved and cherished by you, We cannot see your tears, But we feel your pain in the post, He looked a lovely little dog and seemed serene and peaceful in the funeral home, you will certainly meet him again at rainbow bridge Love is everlasting.

May little Stush , Rise in glory to a better life free from sadness and pain You take care of yourself , We are with you in prayers & thoughts in this forum.

At 16 years old, my best friend passed away. He has kept me company, loved me unconditionally, and was always happy to see me. It is a very sad day.
View attachment 240808 View attachment 240809 View attachment 240810
The funeral home was wonderful and set him up for me to spend time and say goodbye, then he was cremated and I brought his ashes home. He is irreplaceable.
Mark I am so sorry to hear this. I got tears reading this. I too lost my buddy... I cried and cried, I think I know the void your feeling. Take care.

At 16 years old, my best friend passed away. He has kept me company, loved me unconditionally, and was always happy to see me. It is a very sad day.
View attachment 240808 View attachment 240809 View attachment 240810
The funeral home was wonderful and set him up for me to spend time and say goodbye, then he was cremated and I brought his ashes home. He is irreplaceable.
So sorry to hear your sad news Mark. I feel your pain. We lost our beloved Muffin 24 years ago, and still miss him dearly.

So sorry to hear your sad news Mark. I feel your pain. We lost our beloved Muffin 24 years ago, and still miss him dearly.

Mark, I too am so sorry to hear about your loss. Dogs get to know you so well and are always there for you when you aren't feeling or doing ok. If you are so inclined try to find another one you should. My sympathy goes to you. Jack Coffman

I want to thank everyone of you for your sympathy at the loss of Stush (which is Polish for Stanley). I still break down in tears when I think of him. All your replies has been a great help to me in grieving the loss.

Stush was a rescue dog. I took him from a puppy mill where he lived in a tiny cage with just enough room to turn around. He only got out for stud service and was put back. The final 9 years of his life was spent with me being loved and spoiled. He got anything he wanted and ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner with me and ate what I ate. (Dog food was a snack). He slept in my bed with me. I know he was happy here. I just wish it was longer. Again, thank you all.

Back