Accessories for 1/4" Hand Grinder?

Chips O'Toole

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Having posted a thread in which I decided to abandon my disappointing 1/4" Dumore hand grinder and buy a Makita, I now feel I should ask: are there any great hand grinder accessories I don't know about? I have a couple of ceramic stones and some quality carbide burrs, including a weird one for aluminum.

Is this for use on a lathe or will it be for general use ? There are a ton of accessories out there for 1/4" collets for anything you could dream up . Also , is this an air , battery or electric grinder ? :encourage:

I am up for anything.
It really depends on the usage of tool like I said . Are you looking to mount it a lathe and do some internal grinding or small OD grinding ? Just normal deburring/ sanding etc . Electric or air ?

4,500 or 45,000 . My Precise die grinder is 80,000 I believe . :big grin: I can run it at any speed with a vary-ac though . I have quite a few air grinders up here also .

"Max RPM 4500"! I guess I can wear body armor.
The big ones (still kinda tiny) are rated higher , 22k I think , I've been using them with air grinders , maybe a little over the rpm limit :)

Stu

I’ve been using die grinders for 40yrs+, mostly with carbide burrs but other stuff too. But not until about 5-6yrs ago did I truly come to grips the biggest problem I’ve always had with my various air and electric die grinders was control. How many times have you tried to grind a hole and have the thing grab and wiz around to hole uncontrollably? It dawned on me it might be better to have the grinder mounted and hold the work as having the work in a vise didn’t work. So I made an adjustable mount for my big HF die grinder with a little table and now no more problems. It’s not for work that is to big to move but everything else it’s the only way I use my die grinder now.

Back