Accusizetools boring bar

Geerbangr

Registered
Registered
Hello fellas, I’m looking at a 5/8” accusizetools boring bar with carbide tips on eBay. I search around this site for any info on that brand and didn’t have any luck.

Has anyone used this brand and is it worth buying? It’s like 112.00 so before I purchase I wanted to ask you guys your thoughts. It’ll be used for steel and aluminum.

They're "meh". I'm in Canada and accusize is located 40 mins from me, so it's an easy source for **cheap** tools.
I've broken one tiny one, and every one of them I've touched up the grind to cut nicely, and I use the term nicely loosely.

Wait... Which boring bars? The 5/8" set? Is only $58 Canadian... What are you looking at that's $112?

Do yourself a favour, get the boring bar, (it's fine, I have one too) but get better inserts. They're yaarbage.

You can get the same bar with only on insert for $42.55 from eBay then find some better quality CCMT 32.51 or 32.52 inserts or even try the HSS CCMW 32.51 or 32.52 inserts from Little Machine shop or AR Warner.

Probably a silly question but the best I can come up with. Ccgt bits are for aluminum and ccmt bits are for alloy steel. Can I use both bits on the same boring bar?

Back