Acetone in Acetylene Regulator, Hose & Torch

Repair/rebuild will run you around $75 plus shipping, so in the end it may not pay vs. buying a new one discounted. Repair of regulators is pretty basic, I repair my compressor regulators, but when it comes to combustibles or diving, I leave that to people with more experience than me. You can call around to welding shops in the bay area and see who they recommend.

The people in your first link say “$125 and up” for a 2-stage regulator, which is what I have. A new one costs $217.

I will also ask my local Matheson Tri-Gas as well as whatever Praxair is called now.

I will share my forthcoming experience here.

I will always wonder how it would have ended up if I would have just let the acetone evaporate & put it back into service. This is possibly a case of *curiosity killed the cat*. Safety first: I would not want to be the guy to cause an explosion in my garage in order to save $150.

Last edited:
If you have the exact part number for your regulator then look for a rebuild kit.

We need to rebuild our 40 year old Victor journeyman units, local welding supply advises order kit from Amazon.

We just need to take regulators to welding supply to determine exact model.

Yours are new, check your paperwork if not on unit.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

It's worth the high cost to have it rebuilt ,I wouldn't even consider a new set if I had an original Victor or Smith regulator set.

Back