acu-rite glitching.

My acu-rite DRO did the same thing on one of the scales and after cleaning the scale and realigning it the
problem was solved. Mine has the glass scales and I cleaned it several times with denatured alcohol followed
by glass cleaner.
Thats a great point. If the slide is not aligned properly, it could cause that problem. If it's severely out of alignment, the slides could even get ruined. Watch the display as you move it through it's range, with the screws loosened up. Get one end right, snug the screws slightly, move to the other end, repeat. Then tighten them back up once you have them where there's no prying or binding.

What is the best way to clean the glass tubes. I have one that flickers but will not give a reading. It was working when I purchased the grinder but has quit after moving.. I suspect a good cleaning would work?

What is the best way to clean the glass tubes. I have one that flickers but will not give a reading. It was working when I purchased the grinder but has quit after moving.. I suspect a good cleaning would work?
If your sure that's the problem. You'll have to remove the cover from the glass slide. These things are all put together a little differently, so I can' help you there, except to say, make sure the area is very clean and put something white or a solid color down on the floor or on your bench, in case something drops out of the assembly. You might have to remove the entire scale off the machine in some cases to take it apart.

Cleaning is very simple once you get it apart. It's like cleaning anything else really. No harsh solvents no drenched rags. You can use a can of computer "dust-off" to blow in the crevices. Try to use a dry rag for wiping or a very lightly damp moistened cloth.

They may be new but if your cutting any cast iron on the mill that fine dust can raise havoc with electronics. I wouldn't advise using compressed air around them either.

To my surprise they actually removed them to be repaired. We cant even get our own books or even way oil so I was very surprised they pulled them so fast.

Thanks for all the advice guys

Back