Acute Tool Sharpening System - Full Kit

Looks like a great project. I purchased their tangential tool holders and just the grinding rest (without the pantograph arm). I’m thinking the grinding rest assembly will be my third beginner project.

Holes and M6 threads done on table plate

IMG_5407.jpeg

To get straight threads made, I tried using this... could not get it to work correctly...

IMG_5409.jpeg

So ended up going the old fashion way...

IMG_5408.jpeg

Why don't you use one of these? Put in the drill chuck. Tap after you drilled the hole. The chuck is in the right spot! Spring loaded tip goes in the top of the tap handle.
View attachment 404728
Because I took it to Ocala by mistake... so it is at the other house... :rolleyes:

Easy task is done… The table is done.

I did not machine the diameter of the aluminum spacer to the 25mm listed in the plans… left it alone. I am out of 6mm long bolts to make a jig to do that… I can always do that later…. That dimension is not critical…

751053DD-9E0A-43FA-843E-5BCDA001C3CC.jpeg

4868048F-3E1B-4396-AB54-11794FEB8369.jpeg
DAB68FF3-F7EB-4667-947D-8BEABE6CE5A6.jpeg

9100E224-08F3-4450-9094-9FE50A58697C.jpeg
85655D22-07BF-4A89-A4FD-829963CB7E8D.jpeg

Oh yeah, still needs the cutout for the grinder wheel…

Last edited:
Hello,

Any news on this one? Have you finished it and how do you like it?

Original thread owner did finish his build...

Mine? I have not done anything else... Look! Squirrel! I get distracted easily... I did order a second table kit when I got the diamond holders last month...

I am trying to figure out the setup for my grinders. I saw a few ideas here. Something like a cart that can hold 4 grinders... that would save on floorspace and allow me to move it around... So I put finishing this on hold until I get the cart done...

Thanks for the swift update wachuko! I just stumbled across this one as I was yet again looking for device to start learning tool grinding. This one somehow appeals for a beginner. I would definately need some custom mini inside threading tools and in general everything in the quite small end of spectrum.

Thanks for the swift update wachuko! I just stumbled across this one as I was yet again looking for device to start learning tool grinding. This one somehow appeals for a beginner. I would definately need some custom mini inside threading tools and in general everything in the quite small end of spectrum.

@Olli-Matti , I took the lazy way out... I ordered the kit... Initially I was going to build Harold Hall's grinding rest...

Here a link to the post I made on that... I went through the painstaking process of figuring out, from the lists in the book, the parts and dimensions required to order the material.

So here was a guy that was selling a set of full prints, well organized, with all the material needed... and I just thought, "ah the heck with it"... and ordered it... Pretty sure it would have been more satisfying building Harold's advanced grinding rest...

Last edited by a moderator:
Started... baby steps... sucks to realize I left some of the required tools back at the other house...

Drill and tap one (thicker one) to M6x1 hole... thin one was drilled in the center and reamed to 6mm. Then both placed in a jig and machined to 40mm diameter...

IMG_8069.jpeg

IMG_8067.jpeg
IMG_8066.jpeg

Now to drill and tap the two M4x.07 holes... and to make the cut to finish this clamp...

IMG_8065.jpeg
Following this video...

Last edited:
Back