Resolved Ad content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadillac

Registered
Registered
So this is the ad content. It shows a guy jerkin another off while he says something about his wife??? I think that’s disgusting and disgraceful. I would think 99% of the members agree. I figure I’d ask you all before I ask the forum?
8E6F9F90-08D1-40D1-B562-24860DBE33AB.png

You do know these are Criteo ads.
Which as I understand it are tailored to you based on your browsing habits?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
You do know these are Criteo ads.
Which as I understand it are tailored to you based on your browsing habits?

I highly doubt that. I've never in my life been to any site of that nature yet the same ad appeared on my screen. I would be more inclined to believe that either this site got hacked or a supposedly trusted source allowed it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I highly doubt that. I've never in my life been to any sight of that nature yet the same add appeared on my screen. I would be more inclined to believe that either this site got hacked or a supposedly trusted source allowed it in.
Was not so much suggesting that he is going to dodgy sites so much as that the AI behind the ads is probably making a mistake.

See that little triangle in the picture? Click that and you get information on the advert provider. You can also flag the ad as inappropriate (training the AI) content.

Upvote 0
H-M does not control or have anything to do with the the ad content. Those ads are generated externally. As @atunguyd said above, the little triangle in the corner of the ad will allow you to kill the ad and provide some feedback.

Upvote 0
I thought this went to site administrators not open forum. I think the site should have control over the content ads are forced on their members. You can show me ads of machine dealers and tools all day long. You start showing homosexual stuff on a machinist forum and with youngsters. That’s okay but don’t talk about politics come on really.
I wasn’t gonna hit anything on the Ad. I normally just scroll past it but these were new. I definately don’t go on or click on anything close to that content. Their usually lingerie, dating,ways to make money, and machine sellers. They got one right if their trying to track my interests. If what you say is true AI is really really advanced and good.:faint:

Upvote 0
That’s okay but don’t talk about politics come on really.

It's not OK, but not sure what to do about it. I agree, that ad is not well targeted.

We'll take a look at the problem and see what can be done, if anything.

Upvote 0
As Jim said we mods have no control over the ad content here. Also note, all of the moderators are donating members thus we don't see the ads. So thanks for pointing it out.

Upvote 0
@Cadillac

Every level of donation eliminates all the ads.

The lowest level of donation is $10 per year.

How to donate: Click your screen name in the dark blue line at the top of the page. From the drop-down, select Membership Levels.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back