Adaptor for magnet scales

Hoyer

Registered
Registered
Hi.
I just bought a HBM bf25 that was produced in 2016. It seems to me that the simple DRO installed at the machine was there when sold new.
The scales are magnetic stripes, not glas scales.
I want to mount a Sino display. The Sino has 9-pin(com port? ) contacts, the cxm-3 system uses a 4-pin round contact.
Do anyone know if I can use the existing magnetic stripes at a new Sino display? By changing the plug at the cables from 4-pin to 9-pin?
pictures attached is a picture of the 4-pin contact, information about the cxm-3, and a picture where simular DRO is installed at a Warco mill.
I have tried to send mail to HBM about this, but they do not answer me.

Best regards
Stein-S
Norway

Attachments

• IMG_5996.jpeg
    IMG_5996.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1016.png
    IMG_1016.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1017.jpeg
    IMG_1017.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
I would expect that you have capacitive scales, not magnetic scales. The magnet refers to the magnet mount on the display. This is a common marketing ploy to fool customers to thinking that they got the more expensive magnetic scales.

As to compatibility, I don't believe that you can use the glass scales with your display but I'm not the expert. The DRO guru here is @ycroosh.

Hi. Thanks for answering. Did read somhere that it was several standards, so think you are right. My plan was to use the scales with a modern display. Probably I will need also new scales.

Best regards
Stein-S

Back