Resolved AdBlocker restrictions- but I don’t have one?

great white

Active User
Registered
I keep getting a messge that my account is restricted becuase I’m using an adblocker.

Thing is: I’m not. At least not on my iphone, where I’m getting the banner wagging its finger at me:
126303C3-894E-4A37-8F2B-EEAC89B59159.png

Why am I getting this banner on my iphone? If I were using my laptop and got the banner, I would understand (and turn off the adblocker) but I don’t even have the option to add one to ios/safari.....

The notice that you are receiving is due to your H-M account being in AdBlocker mode. It is displaying on the web browser because at about 3:30 p.m. today, the software detected AdBlocker on your account while logged in. Since you indicated that you don't use it on your iPhone, but implied you use it on your desktop, laptop or other device, then the software puts you in AdBlocker and displays the notice. This is irrespective of the device you are. Once you turn AdBlocker off from the device you were originally detected on, the software will move you out of the user group and stop displaying the notice.

That's basically how it works. I checked your account and the software. Looks like you turned it off and you were taken out of the group. You SHOULDN'T be seeing the notice at this point. You may want to logout and log back into test this. If you are still seeing the notice, please report back here and I'll investigate further.

Upvote 0
I couldn't log in a couple of days ago due to my using an ad blocker. I had been meaning to make a contribution to the site and did so after this. Then today, when I clicked on Hobby Machinist, I could only load a blank page. I had to lower my security settings. I do trust this site, but I do not like having to lower my settings in order to use it. People a lot more computer and web savvy than me continually preach security, and then I am forced to lower my security. It doesn't make sense to me. I got hacked years ago, so I may be a bit over the top with security, but isn't that exactly what we are told to do to prevent getting our information compromised?

Upvote 0
And when Bryan says logout, he means explicitly Log Out. So that when you come back to the site you are prompted for your User ID and Password. For any of you who haven't found it yet, click on your User ID near the right end of the upper or main tool bar. In the lower left corner of the drop-down that should appear are the words "Log out". Click on those.

Note that by default the Keep Me Logged On box is checked. Unless you un-check it, killing your browser will not log you out. Except that I do not know what the situation is if you try to get onto the site next time with a different browser or with different hardware, IP address, etc. Given that the User ID and Password are usually cached by the browser, probably you will have to enter those.

Upvote 0
Nope, still getting it and I’m on my iphone. I even went so far as to power down the iphone and restart it, so everything has been shut down.

My laptop uses firefox and it’s set to automatically dump passwords, cookies, history and all cache when it closes, so I don’t know why that banner is still there.

“Glitch” somewhere I guess....either on my end or the other.

Upvote 0
Back